Mortal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MortalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Human; belonging to man, who is mortal; as, mortal wit or knowledge; mortal power.
- (a.) Destructive to life; causing or occasioning death; terminating life; exposing to or deserving death; deadly; as, a mortal wound; a mortal sin.
- (a.) Fatally vulnerable; vital.
- (a.) Very painful or tedious; wearisome; as, a sermon lasting two mortal hours.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the time of death.
- (n.) A being subject to death; a human being; man.
- (a.) Subject to death; destined to die; as, man is mortal.
- (a.) Affecting as if with power to kill; deathly.
• MortalityDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Those who are, or that which is, mortal; the human cace; humanity; human nature.
- (n.) Death; destruction.
- (n.) Human life; the life of a mortal being.
- (n.) The condition or quality of being mortal; subjection to death or to the necessity of dying.
- (n.) The whole sum or number of deaths in a given time or a given community; also, the proportion of deaths to population, or to a specific number of the population; death rate; as, a time of great, or low, mortality; the mortality among the settlers was alarming.