Mouths Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MouthsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Mouth
• MouthDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Speech; language; testimony.
- (n.) Cry; voice.
- (n.) The crosspiece of a bridle bit, which enters the mouth of an animal.
- (n.) The opening of a vessel by which it is filled or emptied, charged or discharged; as, the mouth of a jar or pitcher; the mouth of the lacteal vessels, etc.
- (v. i.) To put mouth to mouth; to kiss.
- (n.) A principal speaker; one who utters the common opinion; a mouthpiece.
- (n.) A wry face; a grimace; a mow.
- (v. t.) To form or cleanse with the mouth; to lick, as a bear her cub.
- (n.) The opening of a piece of ordnance, through which it is discharged.
- (n.) The entrance into a harbor.
- (v. t.) To make mouths at.
- (v. t.) To take into the mouth; to seize or grind with the mouth or teeth; to chew; to devour.
- (v. i.) To make grimaces, esp. in ridicule or contempt.
- (n.) The opening through which the waters of a river or any stream are discharged.
- (v. i.) To speak with a full, round, or loud, affected voice; to vociferate; to rant.
- (n.) The opening or entrance of any cavity, as a cave, pit, well, or den.
- (n.) An opening affording entrance or exit; orifice; aperture;
- (v. t.) To utter with a voice affectedly big or swelling; to speak in a strained or unnaturally sonorous manner.
- (n.) The opening through which an animal receives food; the aperture between the jaws or between the lips; also, the cavity, containing the tongue and teeth, between the lips and the pharynx; the buccal cavity.