Multiply Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• MultiplyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To increase amount of gold or silver by the arts of alchemy.
- (v. t.) To add (any given number or quantity) to itself a certain number of times; to find the product of by multiplication; thus 7 multiplied by 8 produces the number 56; to multiply two numbers. See the Note under Multiplication.
- (v. i.) To increase in extent and influence; to spread.
- (v. i.) To become greater in number; to become numerous.
- (v. t.) To increase in number; to make more numerous; to add quantity to.
- (v. t.) To increase (the amount of gold or silver) by the arts of alchemy.
• MultiplyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Multiply