Oblique Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ObliqueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Not direct in descent; not following the line of father and son; collateral.
- (v. i.) To march in a direction oblique to the line of the column or platoon; -- formerly accomplished by oblique steps, now by direct steps, the men half-facing either to the right or left.
- (a.) Not straightforward; indirect; obscure; hence, disingenuous; underhand; perverse; sinister.
- (n.) An oblique line.
- (v. i.) To deviate from a perpendicular line; to move in an oblique direction.
- (a.) Not erect or perpendicular; neither parallel to, nor at right angles from, the base; slanting; inclined.
• ObliquenessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Quality or state of being oblique.
• ObliquedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Oblique