Ocean Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OceanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One of the large bodies of water into which the great ocean is regarded as divided, as the Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic and Antarctic oceans.
- (n.) An immense expanse; any vast space or quantity without apparent limits; as, the boundless ocean of eternity; an ocean of affairs.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the main or great sea; as, the ocean waves; an ocean stream.
- (n.) The whole body of salt water which covers more than three fifths of the surface of the globe; -- called also the sea, or great sea.
• OceanusDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The god of the great outer sea, or the river which was believed to flow around the whole earth.