Ooze Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OozeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A soft deposit covering large areas of the ocean bottom, composed largely or mainly of the shells or other hard parts of minute organisms, as Foraminifera, Radiolaria, and diatoms. The radiolarian ooze occurring in many places in very deep water is composed mainly of the siliceous skeletons of radiolarians, calcareous matter being dissolved by the lage percentage of carbon dioxide in the water at these depths.
- (v. t.) To cause to ooze.
- (n.) The liquor of a tan vat.
- (n.) Fig.: To leak (out) or escape slowly; as, the secret oozed out; his courage oozed out.
- (n.) Soft flow; spring.
- (n.) Soft mud or slime; earth so wet as to flow gently, or easily yield to pressure.
- (n.) To flow gently; to percolate, as a liquid through the pores of a substance or through small openings.
• Ooze leatherDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Leather made from sheep and calf skins by mechanically forcing ooze through them; esp., such leather with a soft, finely granulated finish (called sometimes velvet finish) put on the flesh side for special purposes. Ordinary ooze leather is used for shoe uppers, in bookbinding, etc. Hence Ooze calf, Ooze finish, etc.