Operculum Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• OperculumDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The lid of the urnlike capsule of mosses.
- (n.) The lid of a pitcherform leaf.
- (n.) The lid closing the aperture of various species of shells, as the common whelk. See Illust. of Gastropoda.
- (n.) Any lidlike or operculiform process or part; as, the opercula of a dental follicle.
- (n.) Any lid-shaped structure closing the aperture of a tube or shell.
- (n.) The principal opercular bone in the upper and posterior part of the gill cover.
- (n.) The fold of integument, usually supported by bony plates, which protects the gills of most fishes and some amphibians; the gill cover; the gill lid.
• OperculumsDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Operculum