Paddled Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PaddledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Paddle
• PaddleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To dabble in water with hands or feet; to use a paddle, or something which serves as a paddle, in swimming, in paddling a boat, etc.
- (v. i.) See Paddle staff (b), below.
- (v. i.) One of the broad boards, or floats, at the circumference of a water wheel, or paddle wheel.
- (v. i.) The broad part of a paddle, with which the stroke is made; hence, any short, broad blade, resembling that of a paddle.
- (v. i.) A small gate in sluices or lock gates to admit or let off water; -- also called clough.
- (v. i.) To use the hands or fingers in toying; to make caressing strokes.
- (v. i.) A paddle-shaped foot, as of the sea turtle.
- (v. t.) To propel with, or as with, a paddle or paddles.
- (v. i.) An implement with a broad blade, which is used without a fixed fulcrum in propelling and steering canoes and boats.
- (v. t.) To pat or stroke amorously, or gently.
- (v. i.) A paddle-shaped implement for string or mixing.
- (v. t.) To pad; to tread upon; to trample.