Palling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PallingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pall
• PallDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Same as Pawl.
- (n.) An outer garment; a cloak mantle.
- (v. t.) To make vapid or insipid; to make lifeless or spiritless; to dull; to weaken.
- (n.) Same as Pallium.
- (v. t.) To cloak.
- (n.) A kind of rich stuff used for garments in the Middle Ages.
- (n.) Nausea.
- (n.) A piece of cardboard, covered with linen and embroidered on one side; -- used to put over the chalice.
- (v. t.) To satiate; to cloy; as, to pall the appetite.
- (n.) A large cloth, esp., a heavy black cloth, thrown over a coffin at a funeral; sometimes, also, over a tomb.
- (a.) To become vapid, tasteless, dull, or insipid; to lose strength, life, spirit, or taste; as, the liquor palls.
- (n.) A figure resembling the Roman Catholic pallium, or pall, and having the form of the letter Y.