Pan Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The betel leaf; also, the masticatory made of the betel leaf, etc. See /etel.
- (n.) The hard stratum of earth that lies below the soil. See Hard pan, under Hard.
- (n.) A leaf of gold or silver.
- (n.) The god of shepherds, guardian of bees, and patron of fishing and hunting. He is usually represented as having the head and trunk of a man, with the legs, horns, and tail of a goat, and as playing on the shepherds pipe, which he is said to have invented.
- (n.) A natural basin, containing salt or fresh water, or mud.
- (v. i.) To turn out (profitably or unprofitably); to result; to develop; as, the investigation, or the speculation, panned out poorly.
- (n.) A shallow, open dish or vessel, usually of metal, employed for many domestic uses, as for setting milk for cream, for frying or baking food, etc.; also employed for various uses in manufacturing.
- (n.) A recess, or bed, for the leaf of a hinge.
- (v. i.) To yield gold in, or as in, the process of panning; -- usually with out; as, the gravel panned out richly.
- (n.) The skull, considered as a vessel containing the brain; the upper part of the head; the brainpan; the cranium.
- (v. t.) To separate, as gold, from dirt or sand, by washing in a kind of pan.
- (n.) The distance comprised between the angle of the epaule and the flanked angle.
- (n.) A part; a portion.
- (n.) A closed vessel for boiling or evaporating. See Vacuum pan, under Vacuum.
- (v. t. & i.) To join or fit together; to unite.
- (n.) The part of a flintlock which holds the priming.
• Pan-AmericanDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to both North and South America.