Papering Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PaperingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Paper
• PaperDefinition & Meaning in English
- () Cloth or paper covered with powdered carborundum.
- (v. t.) To put on paper; to make a memorandum of.
- (v. t.) To cover with paper; to furnish with paper hangings; as, to paper a room or a house.
- (n.) A paper containing (usually) a definite quantity; as, a paper of pins, tacks, opium, etc.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to paper; made of paper; resembling paper; existing only on paper; unsubstantial; as, a paper box; a paper army.
- (n.) Negotiable evidences of indebtedness; notes; bills of exchange, and the like; as, the bank holds a large amount of his paper.
- (n.) A printed or written instrument; a document, essay, or the like; a writing; as, a paper read before a scientific society.
- (v. t.) To fold or inclose in paper.
- (n.) A substance in the form of thin sheets or leaves intended to be written or printed on, or to be used in wrapping. It is made of rags, straw, bark, wood, or other fibrous material, which is first reduced to pulp, then molded, pressed, and dried.
- (n.) A medicinal preparation spread upon paper, intended for external application; as, cantharides paper.
- (n.) Decorated hangings or coverings for walls, made of paper. See Paper hangings, below.
- (n.) A sheet, leaf, or piece of such substance.
- (n.) A printed sheet appearing periodically; a newspaper; a journal; as, a daily paper.