Para Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ParaDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The southern arm of the Amazon in Brazil; also, a seaport on this arm.
- (n.) Short for Para rubber.
- (n.) A piece of Turkish money, usually copper, the fortieth part of a piaster, or about one ninth of a cent.
• Para rubberDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The caoutchouc obtained from the South American euphorbiaceous tree Hevea brasiliensis, hence called the Para rubber tree, from the Brazilian river and seaport named Para; also, the similar product of other species of Hevea. It is usually exported in flat round cakes, and is a chief variety of commercial India rubber.
• ParableDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Procurable.
- (n.) A comparison; a similitude; specifically, a short fictitious narrative of something which might really occur in life or nature, by means of which a moral is drawn; as, the parables of Christ.
- (v. t.) To represent by parable.