Pardon Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PardonDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) A release, by a sovereign, or officer having jurisdiction, from the penalties of an offense, being distinguished from amenesty, which is a general obliteration and canceling of a particular line of past offenses.
- (v. t.) An official warrant of remission of penalty.
- (v. t.) The act of pardoning; forgiveness, as of an offender, or of an offense; release from penalty; remission of punishment; absolution.
- (v. t.) The state of being forgiven.
- (v. t.) To absolve from the consequences of a fault or the punishment of crime; to free from penalty; -- applied to the offender.
- (v. t.) To remit the penalty of; to suffer to pass without punishment; to forgive; -- applied to offenses.
- (v. t.) To refrain from exacting as a penalty.
- (v. t.) To give leave (of departure) to.
• PardonerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who pardons.
- (n.) A seller of indulgences.