Parliament Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ParliamentDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) In France, before the Revolution of 1789, one of the several principal judicial courts.
- (n.) A formal conference on public affairs; a general council; esp., an assembly of representatives of a nation or people having authority to make laws.
- (n.) A parleying; a discussion; a conference.
- (n.) The assembly of the three estates of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, viz., the lords spiritual, lords temporal, and the representatives of the commons, sitting in the House of Lords and the House of Commons, constituting the legislature, when summoned by the royal authority to consult on the affairs of the nation, and to enact and repeal laws.
• ParliamentarilyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) In a parliamentary manner.