Patrol Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PatrolDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) See Boy Scout.
- (v.) t To go the rounds of, as a sentry, guard, or policeman; as, to patrol a frontier; to patrol a beat.
- (v. i.) Any perambulation of a particular line or district to guard it; also, the men thus guarding; as, a customs patrol; a fire patrol.
- (v. i.) The guard or men who go the rounds for observation; a detachment whose duty it is to patrol.
- (v. i.) A going of the rounds along the chain of sentinels and between the posts, by a guard, usually consisting of three or four men, to insure greater security from attacks on the outposts.
- (v. i.) A movement, by a small body of troops beyond the line of outposts, to explore the country and gain intelligence of the enemys whereabouts.
- (v. i.) To go the rounds along a chain of sentinels; to traverse a police district or beat.
• PatrollingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Patrol
• PatrolledDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Patrol