Pawning Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PawningDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pawn
• PawnDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) State of being pledged; a pledge for the fulfillment of a promise.
- (n.) A stake hazarded in a wager.
- (v. t.) To pledge for the fulfillment of a promise; to stake; to risk; to wager; to hazard.
- (n.) Anything delivered or deposited as security, as for the payment of money borrowed, or of a debt; a pledge. See Pledge, n., 1.
- (n.) See Pan, the masticatory.
- (n.) A man or piece of the lowest rank.
- (v. t.) To give or deposit in pledge, or as security for the payment of money borrowed; to put in pawn; to pledge; as, to pawn ones watch.