Pecking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PeckingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Peck
• PeckDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v.) To seize and pick up with the beak, or as with the beak; to bite; to eat; -- often with up.
- (v.) To make, by striking with the beak or a pointed instrument; as, to peck a hole in a tree.
- (v. i.) To pick up food with the beak; hence, to eat.
- (v.) Hence: To strike, pick, thrust against, or dig into, with a pointed instrument; especially, to strike, pick, etc., with repeated quick movements.
- (v. i.) To make strokes with the beak, or with a pointed instrument.
- (n.) The fourth part of a bushel; a dry measure of eight quarts; as, a peck of wheat.
- (n.) A quick, sharp stroke, as with the beak of a bird or a pointed instrument.
- (n.) A great deal; a large or excessive quantity.
- (v.) To strike with the beak; to thrust the beak into; as, a bird pecks a tree.