Penal Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PenalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Incurring punishment; subject to a penalty; as, a penalact of offense.
- (a.) Enacting or threatening punishment; as, a penal statue; the penal code.
- (a.) Inflicted as punishment; used as a means of punishment; as, a penal colony or settlement.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to punishment, to penalties, or to crimes and offenses; pertaining to criminal jurisprudence
• PenaltiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Penalty