Penance Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PenanceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A means of repairing a sin committed, and obtaining pardon for it, consisting partly in the performance of expiatory rites, partly in voluntary submission to a punishment corresponding to the transgression. Penance is the fourth of seven sacraments in the Roman Catholic Church.
- (n.) Repentance.
- (n.) Pain; sorrow; suffering.
- (v. t.) To impose penance; to punish.
• PenancedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Penance