Penciling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PencilingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The work of the pencil or bruch; as, delicate penciling in a picture.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pencil
- (n.) Lines of white or black paint drawn along a mortar joint in a brick wall.
• PencilDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Hence, figuratively, an artists ability or peculiar manner; also, in general, the act or occupation of the artist, descriptive writer, etc.
- (v. t.) To write or mark with a pencil; to paint or to draw.
- (n.) A number of lines that intersect in one point, the point of intersection being called the pencil point.
- (n.) A small, fine brush of hair or bristles used by painters for laying on colors.
- (n.) An aggregate or collection of rays of light, especially when diverging from, or converging to, a point.
- (n.) A small medicated bougie.
- (n.) A slender cylinder or strip of black lead, colored chalk, slate etc., or such a cylinder or strip inserted in a small wooden rod intended to be pointed, or in a case, which forms a handle, -- used for drawing or writing. See Graphite.