Pet Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PetDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.
- (v. i.) To be a pet.
- (a.) Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.
- (n.) Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.
- (n.) A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
- (n.) A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.
• PetaloideousDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Having the whole or part of the perianth petaline.