Physiognomies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PhysiognomiesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Physiognomy
• PhysiognomyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The face or countenance, with respect to the temper of the mind; particular configuration, cast, or expression of countenance, as denoting character.
- (n.) The art telling fortunes by inspection of the features.
- (n.) The general appearance or aspect of a thing, without reference to its scientific characteristics; as, the physiognomy of a plant, or of a meteor.
- (n.) The art and science of discovering the predominant temper, and other characteristic qualities of the mind, by the outward appearance, especially by the features of the face.