Pieced Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PiecedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Piece
• PieceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An individual; -- applied to a person as being of a certain nature or quality; often, but not always, used slightingly or in contempt.
- (n.) Any one thing conceived of as apart from other things of the same kind; an individual article; a distinct single effort of a series; a definite performance
- (n.) A castle; a fortified building.
- (n.) A definite portion or quantity, as of goods or work; as, a piece of broadcloth; a piece of wall paper.
- (n.) A fragment or part of anything separated from the whole, in any manner, as by cutting, splitting, breaking, or tearing; a part; a portion; as, a piece of sugar; to break in pieces.
- (v. i.) To unite by a coalescence of parts; to fit together; to join.
- (n.) A fact; an item; as, a piece of news; a piece of knowledge.
- (n.) A coin; as, a sixpenny piece; -- formerly applied specifically to an English gold coin worth 22 shillings.
- (n.) One of the superior men, distinguished from a pawn.
- (n.) A musket, gun, or cannon; as, a battery of six pieces; a following piece.
- (v. t.) To make, enlarge, or repair, by the addition of a piece or pieces; to patch; as, to piece a garment; -- often with out.
- (n.) A literary or artistic composition; as, a piece of poetry, music, or statuary.
- (v. t.) To unite; to join; to combine.