Piloted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PilotedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pilot
• PilotDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A short plug at the end of a counterbore to guide the tool. Pilots are sometimes made interchangeable.
- (v. t.) To fly, or act as pilot of (an aircraft).
- (n.) The heading or excavation of relatively small dimensions, first made in the driving of a larger tunnel.
- (n.) One who flies, or is qualified to fly, a balloon, an airship, or a flying machine.
- (n.) One employed to steer a vessel; a helmsman; a steersman.
- (n.) An instrument for detecting the compass error.
- (v. t.) Figuratively: To guide, as through dangers or difficulties.
- (n.) Specifically, a person duly qualified, and licensed by authority, to conduct vessels into and out of a port, or in certain waters, for a fixed rate of fees.
- (n.) Figuratively: A guide; a director of another through a difficult or unknown course.
- (n.) The cowcatcher of a locomotive.
- (v. t.) To direct the course of, as of a ship, where navigation is dangerous.