Pivoted Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PivotedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pivot
• PivotDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The end of a shaft or arbor which rests and turns in a support; as, the pivot of an arbor in a watch.
- (n.) The officer or soldier who simply turns in his place whike the company or line moves around him in wheeling; -- called also pivot man.
- (n.) A fixed pin or short axis, on the end of which a wheel or other body turns.
- (n.) Hence, figuratively: A turning point or condition; that on which important results depend; as, the pivot of an enterprise.
- (v. t.) To place on a pivot.