Plague Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PlagueDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) That which smites, wounds, or troubles; a blow; a calamity; any afflictive evil or torment; a great trail or vexation.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To vex; to tease; to harass.
- (v. t.) To infest or afflict with disease, calamity, or natural evil of any kind.
- (n.) An acute malignant contagious fever, that often prevails in Egypt, Syria, and Turkey, and has at times visited the large cities of Europe with frightful mortality; hence, any pestilence; as, the great London plague.
• PlaguefulDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Abounding, or infecting, with plagues; pestilential; as, plagueful exhalations.