Plucking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PluckingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pluck
• PluckDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make a motion of pulling or twitching; -- usually with at; as, to pluck at ones gown.
- (v. t.) The lyrie.
- (v. t.) To reject at an examination for degrees.
- (n.) The act of plucking, or the state of being plucked, at college. See Pluck, v. t., 4.
- (n.) The act of plucking; a pull; a twitch.
- (n.) The heart, liver, and lights of an animal.
- (v. t.) To pull; to draw.
- (n.) Spirit; courage; indomitable resolution; fortitude.
- (v. t.) Especially, to pull with sudden force or effort, or to pull off or out from something, with a twitch; to twitch; also, to gather, to pick; as, to pluck feathers from a fowl; to pluck hair or wool from a skin; to pluck grapes.
- (v. t.) To strip of, or as of, feathers; as, to pluck a fowl.