Poise Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PoiseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) To counterpoise; to counterbalance.
- (v.) The weight, or mass of metal, used in weighing, to balance the substance weighed.
- (n.) To ascertain, as by the balance; to weigh.
- (v.) That which causes a balance; a counterweight.
- (n.) To balance; to make of equal weight; as, to poise the scales of a balance.
- (v. i.) To hang in equilibrium; to be balanced or suspended; hence, to be in suspense or doubt.
- (v.) Weight; gravity; that which causes a body to descend; heaviness.
- (n.) To hold or place in equilibrium or equiponderance.
- (n.) To weigh (down); to oppress.
- (v.) The state of being balanced by equal weight or power; equipoise; balance; equilibrium; rest.
• PoisedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Poise