Police Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PoliceDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The organized body of civil officers in a city, town, or district, whose particular duties are the preservation of good order, the prevention and detection of crime, and the enforcement of the laws.
- (v. t.) To make clean; as, to police a camp.
- (n.) A judicial and executive system, for the government of a city, town, or district, for the preservation of rights, order, cleanliness, health, etc., and for the enforcement of the laws and prevention of crime; the administration of the laws and regulations of a city, incorporated town, or borough.
- (n.) That which concerns the order of the community; the internal regulation of a state.
- (n.) Military police, the body of soldiers detailed to preserve civil order and attend to sanitary arrangements in a camp or garrison.
- (n.) The cleaning of a camp or garrison, or the state / a camp as to cleanliness.
- (v. t.) To keep in order by police.
• Police powerDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The inherent power of a government to regulate its police affairs.