Polish Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PolishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Poland or its inhabitants.
- (v. t.) To make smooth and glossy, usually by friction; to burnish; to overspread with luster; as, to polish glass, marble, metals, etc.
- (n.) A smooth, glossy surface, usually produced by friction; a gloss or luster.
- (n.) Anything used to produce a gloss.
- (n.) The language of the Poles.
- (v. i.) To become smooth, as from friction; to receive a gloss; to take a smooth and glossy surface; as, steel polishes well.
- (n.) Fig.: Refinement; elegance of manners.
- (v. t.) Hence, to refine; to wear off the rudeness, coarseness, or rusticity of; to make elegant and polite; as, to polish life or manners.
• PolishedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Polish
- (a.) Made smooth and glossy, as by friction; hence, highly finished; refined; polite; as, polished plate; polished manners; polished verse.