Pose Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PoseDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A cold in the head; catarrh.
- (v. i.) To assume and maintain a studied attitude, with studied arrangement of drapery; to strike an attitude; to attitudinize; figuratively, to assume or affect a certain character; as, she poses as a prude.
- (v. t.) To interrogate; to question.
- (v. t.) To place in an attitude or fixed position, for the sake of effect; to arrange the posture and drapery of (a person) in a studied manner; as, to pose a model for a picture; to pose a sitter for a portrait.
- (a.) Standing still, with all the feet on the ground; -- said of the attitude of a lion, horse, or other beast.
- (v. t.) To question with a view to puzzling; to embarrass by questioning or scrutiny; to bring to a stand.
- (v. t.) The attitude or position of a person; the position of the body or of any member of the body; especially, a position formally assumed for the sake of effect; an artificial position; as, the pose of an actor; the pose of an artists model or of a statue.
• PoserDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who, or that which, puzzles; a difficult or inexplicable question or fact.