Position Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PositionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Relative place or standing; social or official rank; as, a person of position; hence, office; post; as, to lose ones position.
- (v. t.) To indicate the position of; to place.
- (n.) A method of solving a problem by one or two suppositions; -- called also the rule of trial and error.
- (n.) The spot where a person or thing is placed or takes a place; site; place; station; situation; as, the position of man in creation; the fleet changed its position.
- (n.) Hence: The ground which any one takes in an argument or controversy; the point of view from which any one proceeds to a discussion; also, a principle laid down as the basis of reasoning; a proposition; a thesis; as, to define ones position; to appear in a false position.
- (n.) The state of being posited, or placed; the manner in which anything is placed; attitude; condition; as, a firm, an inclined, or an upright position.
• PositionalDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to position.