Poss Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PossDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To push; to dash; to throw.
• PossessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To obtain occupation or possession of; to accomplish; to gain; to seize.
- (v. t.) To occupy in person; to hold or actually have in ones own keeping; to have and to hold.
- (v. t.) To enter into and influence; to control the will of; to fill; to affect; -- said especially of evil spirits, passions, etc.
- (v. t.) To put in possession; to make the owner or holder of property, power, knowledge, etc.; to acquaint; to inform; -- followed by of or with before the thing possessed, and now commonly used reflexively.
- (v. t.) To have the legal title to; to have a just right to; to be master of; to own; to have; as, to possess property, an estate, a book.
• Posse comitatusDefinition & Meaning in English
- () The power of the county, or the citizens who may be summoned by the sheriff to assist the authorities in suppressing a riot, or executing any legal precept which is forcibly opposed.
- () A collection of people; a throng; a rabble.
• PossibleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Capable of existing or occurring, or of being conceived or thought of; able to happen; capable of being done; not contrary to the nature of things; -- sometimes used to express extreme improbability; barely able to be, or to come to pass; as, possibly he is honest, as it is possible that Judas meant no wrong.