Posture Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PostureDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The position of the body; the situation or disposition of the several parts of the body with respect to each other, or for a particular purpose; especially (Fine Arts), the position of a figure with regard to the several principal members by which action is expressed; attitude.
- (n.) State or condition, whether of external circumstances, or of internal feeling and will; disposition; mood; as, a posture of defense; the posture of affairs.
- (v. t.) To place in a particular position or attitude; to dispose the parts of, with reference to a particular purpose; as, to posture ones self; to posture a model.
- (n.) Place; position; situation.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To assume a character; as, to posture as a saint.
- (v. i.) To assume a particular posture or attitude; to contort the body into artificial attitudes, as an acrobat or contortionist; also, to pose.
• PosturerDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who postures.
• PosturedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Posture