Preponderate Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PreponderateDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To exceed in weight; hence, to incline or descend, as the scale of a balance; figuratively, to exceed in influence, power, etc.; hence; to incline to one side; as, the affirmative side preponderated.
- (v. t.) To cause to prefer; to incline; to decide.
- (v. t.) To outweigh; to overpower by weight; to exceed in weight; to overbalance.
- (v. t.) To overpower by stronger or moral power.
• PreponderatedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Preponderate