Presbyteries Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PresbyteriesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Presbytery
• PresbyteryDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A body of elders in the early Christian church.
- (n.) The residence of a priest or clergyman.
- (n.) That part of the church reserved for the officiating priest.
- (n.) A judicatory consisting of all the ministers within a certain district, and one layman, who is a ruling elder, from each parish or church, commissioned to represent the church in conjunction with the pastor. This body has a general jurisdiction over the churches under its care, and next below the provincial synod in authority.
- (n.) The Presbyterian religion of polity.