Prescribing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PrescribingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr & vb. n.) of Prescribe
• PrescribeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To give directions; to dictate.
- (v. i.) To claim by prescription; to claim a title to a thing on the ground of immemorial use and enjoyment, that is, by a custom having the force of law.
- (v. t.) To lay down authoritatively as a guide, direction, or rule of action; to impose as a peremptory order; to dictate; to appoint; to direct.
- (v. t.) To direct, as a remedy to be used by a patient; as, the doctor prescribed quinine.
- (v. i.) To influence by long use
- (v. i.) To write or to give medical directions; to indicate remedies; as, to prescribe for a patient in a fever.