Presuming Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PresumingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Presume
• PresumeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To assume or take beforehand; esp., to do or undertake without leave or authority previously obtained.
- (v. t.) To take or suppose to be true, or entitled to belief, without examination or proof, or on the strength of probability; to take for granted; to infer; to suppose.
- (v. i.) To suppose or assume something to be, or to be true, on grounds deemed valid, though not amounting to proof; to believe by anticipation; to infer; as, we may presume too far.
- (v. i.) To venture, go, or act, by an assumption of leave or authority not granted; to go beyond what is warranted by the circumstances of the case; to venture beyond license; to take liberties; -- often with on or upon before the ground of confidence.
• PresuminglyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (adv.) Confidently; arrogantly.