Presumption Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PresumptionDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Ground for presuming; evidence probable, but not conclusive; strong probability; reasonable supposition; as, the presumption is that an event has taken place.
- (n.) The act of venturing beyond due beyond due bounds; an overstepping of the bounds of reverence, respect, or courtesy; forward, overconfident, or arrogant opinion or conduct; presumptuousness; arrogance; effrontery.
- (n.) The act of presuming, or believing upon probable evidence; the act of assuming or taking for granted; belief upon incomplete proof.
- (n.) That which is presumed or assumed; that which is supposed or believed to be real or true, on evidence that is probable but not conclusive.