Privies Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PriviesDefinition & Meaning in English
- (pl. ) of Privy
• PrivyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A necessary house or place; a backhouse.
- (a.) Admitted to knowledge of a secret transaction; secretly cognizant; privately knowing.
- (a.) Secret; clandestine.
- (a.) Appropriated to retirement; private; not open to the public.
- (n.) A partaker; a person having an interest in any action or thing; one who has an interest in an estate created by another; a person having an interest derived from a contract or conveyance to which he is not himself a party. The term, in its proper sense, is distinguished from party.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to some person exclusively; assigned to private uses; not public; private; as, the privy purse.