Professing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProfessingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Profess
• ProfessDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To set up a claim to; to make presence to; hence, to put on or present an appearance of.
- (v. t.) To make open declaration of, as of ones knowledge, belief, action, etc.; to avow or acknowledge; to confess publicly; to own or admit freely.
- (v. i.) To declare friendship.
- (v. t.) To present to knowledge of, to proclaim ones self versed in; to make ones self a teacher or practitioner of, to set up as an authority respecting; to declare (ones self to be such); as, he professes surgery; to profess ones self a physician.
- (v. i.) To take a profession upon ones self by a public declaration; to confess.