Progress Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProgressDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) Toward ideal completeness or perfection in respect of quality or condition; -- applied to individuals, communities, or the race; as, social, moral, religious, or political progress.
- (n.) In business of any kind; as, the progress of a negotiation; the progress of art.
- (v. i.) To make improvement; to advance.
- (v. i.) To make progress; to move forward in space; to continue onward in course; to proceed; to advance; to go on; as, railroads are progressing.
- (n.) A journey of state; a circuit; especially, one made by a sovereign through parts of his own dominions.
- (n.) In the growth of an animal or plant; increase.
- (n.) A moving or going forward; a proceeding onward; an advance
- (n.) In knowledge; in proficiency; as, the progress of a child at school.
- (n.) In actual space, as the progress of a ship, carriage, etc.
- (v. t.) To make progress in; to pass through.
• ProgressiveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Progressive party.
- (a.) Moving forward; proceeding onward; advancing; evincing progress; increasing; as, progressive motion or course; -- opposed to retrograde.
- (a.) Improving; as, art is in a progressive state.
• ProgressedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Progress
• ProgressionistDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One who holds to a belief in the progression of society toward perfection.
- (n.) One who maintains the doctrine of progression in organic forms; -- opposed to uniformitarian.