Prosecute Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProsecuteDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To follow after.
- (v. t.) To follow or pursue with a view to reach, execute, or accomplish; to endeavor to obtain or complete; to carry on; to continue; as, to prosecute a scheme, hope, or claim.
- (v. t.) To seek to obtain by legal process; as, to prosecute a right or a claim in a court of law.
- (v. i.) To institute and carry on a legal prosecution; as, to prosecute for public offenses.
- (v. t.) To pursue with the intention of punishing; to accuse of some crime or breach of law, or to pursue for redress or punishment, before a legal tribunal; to proceed against judicially; as, to prosecute a man for trespass, or for a riot.
• ProsecutedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prosecute