Proved Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• ProvedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Prove
• ProveDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To make trial; to essay.
- (v. t.) To test, evince, ascertain, or verify, as the correctness of any operation or result; thus, in subtraction, if the difference between two numbers, added to the lesser number, makes a sum equal to the greater, the correctness of the subtraction is proved.
- (v. t.) To take a trial impression of; to take a proof of; as, to prove a page.
- (v. i.) To be found by experience, trial, or result; to turn out to be; as, a medicine proves salutary; the report proves false.
- (v. t.) To ascertain or establish the genuineness or validity of; to verify; as, to prove a will.
- (v. t.) To try or to ascertain by an experiment, or by a test or standard; to test; as, to prove the strength of gunpowder or of ordnance; to prove the contents of a vessel by a standard measure.
- (v. t.) To evince, establish, or ascertain, as truth, reality, or fact, by argument, testimony, or other evidence.
- (v. t.) To gain experience of the good or evil of; to know by trial; to experience; to suffer.
- (v. i.) To succeed; to turn out as expected.
• ProvedoreDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A proveditor; a purveyor.
• ProveditorDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) One employed to procure supplies, as for an army, a steamer, etc.; a purveyor; one who provides for another.