Pumping Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• pumpingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Pump
- () a. & n. from pump.
• PumpDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) An hydraulic machine, variously constructed, for raising or transferring fluids, consisting essentially of a moving piece or piston working in a hollow cylinder or other cavity, with valves properly placed for admitting or retaining the fluid as it is drawn or driven through them by the action of the piston.
- (v. t.) To raise with a pump, as water or other liquid.
- (n.) A low shoe with a thin sole.
- (v. t.) To draw water, or the like, from; to from water by means of a pump; as, they pumped the well dry; to pump a ship.
- (v. t.) Figuratively, to draw out or obtain, as secrets or money, by persistent questioning or plying; to question or ply persistently in order to elicit something, as information, money, etc.
- (v. i.) To work, or raise water, a pump.