Punishing Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PunishingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Punish
• PunishDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To deal with roughly or harshly; -- chiefly used with regard to a contest; as, our troops punished the enemy.
- (v. t.) To inflict a penalty for (an offense) upon the offender; to repay, as a fault, crime, etc., with pain or loss; as, to punish murder or treason with death.
- (v. t.) To impose a penalty upon; to afflict with pain, loss, or suffering for a crime or fault, either with or without a view to the offenders amendment; to cause to suffer in retribution; to chasten; as, to punish traitors with death; a father punishes his child for willful disobedience.
- (v. t.) To injure, as by beating; to pommel.