Purged Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PurgedDefinition & Meaning in English
- (imp. & p. p.) of Purge
• PurgeDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. t.) To clarify; to defecate, as liquors.
- (v. t.) The act of purging.
- (v. i.) To have or produce frequent evacuations from the intestines, as by means of a cathartic.
- (v. t.) To clear from accusation, or the charge of a crime or misdemeanor, as by oath or in ordeal.
- (v. t.) To operate on as, or by means of, a cathartic medicine, or in a similar manner.
- (v. t.) To clear from guilt, or from moral or ceremonial defilement; as, to purge one of guilt or crime.
- (v. t.) To remove in cleansing; to deterge; to wash away; -- often followed by away.
- (v. i.) To become pure, as by clarification.
- (v. t.) To cleanse, clear, or purify by separating and carrying off whatever is impure, heterogeneous, foreign, or superfluous.
- (v. t.) To clear of sediment, as a boiler, or of air, as a steam pipe, by driving off or permitting escape.
- (v. t.) That which purges; especially, a medicine that evacuates the intestines; a cathartic.