Purpling Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• PurplingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Purple
• PurpleDefinition & Meaning in English
- (a.) Exhibiting or possessing the color called purple, much esteemed for its richness and beauty; of a deep red, or red and blue color; as, a purple robe.
- (n.) See Purpura.
- (a.) Imperial; regal; -- so called from the color having been an emblem of imperial authority.
- (n.) Any species of large butterflies, usually marked with purple or blue, of the genus Basilarchia (formerly Limenitis) as, the banded purple (B. arthemis). See Illust. under Ursula.
- (n.) Hence: Imperial sovereignty; royal rank, dignity, or favor; loosely and colloquially, any exalted station; great wealth.
- (n.) A color formed by, or resembling that formed by, a combination of the primary colors red and blue.
- (n.) A disease of wheat. Same as Earcockle.
- (v. t.) To make purple; to dye of purple or deep red color; as, hands purpled with blood.
- (a.) Blood-red; bloody.
- (n.) Any shell of the genus Purpura.
- (n.) Cloth dyed a purple color, or a garment of such color; especially, a purple robe, worn as an emblem of rank or authority; specifically, the purple rode or mantle worn by Roman emperors as the emblem of imperial dignity; as, to put on the imperial purple.
- (n.) A cardinalate. See Cardinal.