Quacking Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QuackingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Quack
• QuackDefinition & Meaning in English
- (n.) The cry of the duck, or a sound in imitation of it; a hoarse, quacking noise.
- (v. i.) To act the part of a quack, or pretender.
- (v. i.) To make vain and loud pretensions; to boast.
- (n.) Hence, one who boastfully pretends to skill or knowledge of any kind not possessed; a charlatan.
- (v. i.) To utter a sound like the cry of a duck.
- (n.) A boastful pretender to medical skill; an empiric; an ignorant practitioner.
- (a.) Pertaining to or characterized by, boasting and pretension; used by quacks; pretending to cure diseases; as, a quack medicine; a quack doctor.