Qualify Synonyms & Definitions
Synonyms are words that have the same or almost the same meaning and the definition is the detailed explanation of the word. This page will help you out finding the Definition & Synonyms of hundreds of words mentioned on this page. Check out the page and learn more about the English vocabulary.
• QualifyDefinition & Meaning in English
- (v. i.) To obtain legal power or capacity by taking the oath, or complying with the forms required, on assuming an office.
- (v. t.) To soothe; to cure; -- said of persons.
- (v. i.) To be or become qualified; to be fit, as for an office or employment.
- (v. t.) To give individual quality to; to modulate; to vary; to regulate.
- (v. t.) To make such as is required; to give added or requisite qualities to; to fit, as for a place, office, occupation, or character; to furnish with the knowledge, skill, or other accomplishment necessary for a purpose; to make capable, as of an employment or privilege; to supply with legal power or capacity.
- (v. t.) To reduce from a general, undefined, or comprehensive form, to particular or restricted form; to modify; to limit; to restrict; to restrain; as, to qualify a statement, claim, or proposition.
- (v. t.) Hence, to soften; to abate; to diminish; to assuage; to reduce the strength of, as liquors.
• QualifyingDefinition & Meaning in English
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Qualify